Thursday, May 23, 2013

My oh My, Sweet Potato Pie

Yum

Photo taken in 2011 with flash
Can you believe this is one of the first recipes I shared on my blog when I started it.  My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it's so easy that I baked it with no worries.  This is a fall pie... perfect for Thanksgiving.  But we like to eat it all year round because it's just that good.

Note:  Throwback Thursday is a new series where I take some of my original posts here on  Curry and Comfort and redo them so I can take better photos.


 Ingredients for two pies:

3lbs of sweet potatoes peeled and boiled
4 large eggs
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar ( or Splenda a sugar substitute)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk

2 prepared frozen pie crusts




Directions:

Peel and boil potatoes until tender. Once cooled, smash into a puree and add butter.

Then make the custard mixture by taking the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk and mix well with an electric mixer.

 Add the sweet potatoes and beat with the custard mixer again until the filling is smooth.

Note some of the fibers from the sweet potato will get stuck on the beater, discard the fibers and don't add back into the filling.


Fill the pie crust with the sweet potato filling and dust with a little cinnamon.

 Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. After one hour test with a knife to make sure it comes out clean. Let pie cool or chill.  Serve with whip cream. Enjoy!

 Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.