Friday, March 1, 2013

Chocolate and Candy Covered Pretzel Rods

Yum
I love chocolate covered pretzels because they bring both sweet and salty in one treat.  I saw some pretzel rods at the grocery store so I thought I would make this fun chocolate and candy covered rods as a special treat for the family.  My kids saw them first and loved them a lot. I was not surprised by their reactions because this is a very kid-friendly treat.  The reaction that really surprised me was husband's.   I think he ate the most rods out of all of us.  He adored these and has already put in an order for another batch to be made very soon.  I think this will definitely be showing up for his upcoming birthday.  I have two eager volunteers to help make the next batch and that will be even more fun. Hopefully they won't eat all the sprinkles and candy before we finish.


 Ingredients:
package Pretzel Rods
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate (optional if you want some dipped in white chocolate)
assorted candy and sprinkles
 
Directions:
 Melt chocolate(s) in a double boiler (heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water).  Once fully melted, dip almost all the pretzel rod in the chocolate.  If you cannot fully immerse the rod in the chocolate, use a spoon to help coat the rod.  Next sprinkle with assorted candies or colorful sprinkles.  Lay on a wax paper or parchment paper and place in fridge to set quickly.  Serve at room temperature.  Tip: I sprinkled the wax paper with a layer of sprinkles to easily remove the rods from the paper.

Note: If you want black/white chocolate rods, dip in chocolate and once the base chocolate is set drizzle with either the white or dark chocolate  from the tines of a fork. Enjoy.



Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.