Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin, Banana and Chocolate Muffin-Cake

Yum
Drum-roll please.... Here's a pumpkin recipe as promised....TaaaaDaaah! Finally!! I didn't want to leave the month of October without a few pumpkin recipes to offer you so I'm glad I finally got one in today.   These muffins were amazing.  It's another one of my cake box experiments and I actually wasn't even sure if would turn out okay because I added so much puree. I was so happy when they turned out light and incredibly moist.  The flavors of chocolate and pumpkin/banana were wonderful together. I had to call them muffin-cakes because they were soft and tender like a cake, but still had the full body feeling of a muffin. So I call that the best of both worlds.  My daughter made me promise to make a batch very soon so I know I will definitely make this recipe again.



 Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
2 ripe medium bananas mashed
1 (15oz) can plain pumpkin puree
1 bag (2cups chocolate chips)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
sliced almonds (optional)
 Directions:
Mash bananas and pumpkin puree together.  Mix in spices and cake mix. Tip:  Make sure cake mix has no lumps by sifting it first).  Mix the cake mix  and banana/pumpkin mixture until it forms a batter.  The batter will be a bit stiff, but don't worry.  Fold in chocolate chip cookies next.
Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and top with sliced almonds.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.  Allow muffins to cool in pan.   Makes 18 muffins.  Enjoy.

Tip:  I don't recommend using cupcake liners (unless they are aluminum).  I did a few with the liners and the liners did stick to the muffin.  


Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.