Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Candy Corn Rice Krispies

Yum
 I have been so busy making recipes with my bounty of tomatoes, lemons and vegetables that my kids decided to make me feel a little guilty that I have ignored the festiveness of October.  They simple said the words "Candy Corn" to me a few days ago and I knew I had to make a Halloween friendly treat for them to enjoy   This is not even a recipe, it's more a concept of taking the traditional rice krispies recipe and sticking some candy corn on it.    It was so easy to make too because I started making them on a whim at 6:30am and was done by 6:42am.  My kids were so excited when they saw the tray of rice krispies treats when they woke up.  They thought a candy corn fairy had come and done some magic while they were sleeping.  Well, it was just me.. Mommy... but I'll take the name candy corn fairy too. :) 


 Ingredients:
6 1/2 cups rice cereal
10oz bag of mini marshmallows (divided) 
4-5 Tbs butter or margarine
2/3 cup candy corn 

Directions: 

On medium low heat, melt butter and  marshmallows (reserve 1 cup mini marshmallows).  Once fully melted add the rice krispies and mix well.  Then add the remaining cup of mini marshmallows and mix together with the rice krispies. Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish and press down. Top with candy corn and press down again.  Allow rice krispies to set for 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy.

Tip:  I used wax paper over the mixture so I could press down the with my hands. 
 

Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.