Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Bacon Grilled Cheese

Yum
Yesterday I posted the  Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon  that I made recently.  Since I only bought a few jalapenos to try out the recipe, I had a bit of popper filling leftover.  My husband and daughter were home for lunch so I quickly whipped up  grilled cheese sandwiches with the filling and they loved it.  So here's your back-up plan for leftover popper filling.  Of course you can simple make this dish and call it a day too.

Ingredients:
Favorite Sandwich Bread (I sliced my own from a large onion loaf)
Butter
Sliced cheese American or Cheddar cheese

Popper filling:
1-2 jalapenos seeded and finely diced
4-5 slices of bacon diced and fried crispy
8oz brick of cream cheese at room temperature
4-6oz of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
salt to taste

Directions:
Mix the cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, cumin powder, garlic powder, diced jalapenos and cooked bacon.   Butter the outside of bread, put popper filling on the inside of one slice of bread and cheddar cheese on other slice.  Heat skillet on medium heat then sandwich bread together and grill buttered sides down until golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve hot. Enjoy.


Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.