The Vegetables and Herbs:
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 handful of mint chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 cups of cucumber (seeded) diced
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1/2 of a large onion diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded diced.
Note: to seed the cucumber, simply scrap down the center with a spoon until all the seeds are gone.
2 cups of Bulgar Wheat prepared. To prepare Bulgar Wheat, measure 1 cup of dry Bulgar. Boil 2-3 cups of water and pour the dry Bulgar into the hot water. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes until the Bulgar softens. Drain water and then wring out all the excess liquid from the Bulgar with your hands.
Note: You can also use Cous-Cous, brown or white rice or Quinoa instead of the Bulgar Wheat.
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic grated
- Salt to taste
Pour Dressing over salad and allow to chill for 30 minutes before serving.