- 1 large onion or 2 medium onions sliced (cut it on the chunky/thick side for best results)
- large handful of Green Chilies cut into chunks or strips. You can tailor it to your taste here. You can use green bell pepper for milder heat level all the way up to serrano chilies. Guess what I picked? Yes, I went with the serrano chilies, but I did seed them first.
- 1 cup of tomatoes cut into chunks (any will do). I picked grape tomatoes halved.
- 1 Tbs of grated ginger
- 3-4 cloves of grated garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs of red chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2-1tsp of paprika (not pictured) I mainly used this for color.
- 2 Tbs of fish sauce (this serves as a flavoring and as salt for the dish)
- 1lb of cleaned raw shrimp (not pictured)
Heat a wok or large skillet on medium-high heat with 1Tbs of canola oil. Once heated add the sliced onions and allow to cook for 1 minute.
Add your shrimp and toss with the spices for 30-45 seconds.
Add your paprika to the dish and give it a nice fiery color. When the shrimp is cook turn off the stove and plate up. Avoid over cooking your shrimp. Finish the dish off with a squeeze of lime juice.
Serves 4 people. Enjoy.
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.