If you like the taste of buffalo chicken wings with a spicy hot sauce, then you will really enjoy this burger. My kids love dipping fries, nuggets and more into Frank's Red Hot Sauce, so I new this would be a hit with them. I was right because they loved it. The adults ate it with the creamy slaw topping, but the kids just ate it straight on the bun and they could not stop asking when I was going to make it again.
To make four burgers I used 1lb of ground white meat chicken. You can use dark meat chicken as well. I added salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic and 1/2 tsp of paprika. Mix well and form your four patties.
2 Tbs of melted butter
3 Tbs of Red Hot Sauce ( I recommend Franks Red Hot)
1 Tbs of Ketchup
Mix all ingredients together well.
Note: If you are a fan of blue cheese and wings, you can also top the burger with blue cheese crumbles. If you want it creamy stir the crumbles into some sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
To make the Creamy Slaw:
- 1lb of shredded cabbage or a bag of shredded cabbage
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion finely diced or sliced
- 2-3 Tbs of sour cream (reduced fat is fine, but not non-fat)
- 1 Tbs of mayo (reduced fat is fine, but not non-fat)
- sprinkle of granulated garlic powder (to taste)
- sprinkle of celery seeds
- sprinkle of sugar (to taste)
- 1 Tbs of rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste