Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easy No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie

Yum
This is a quick no-bake version of Coconut Cream Pie.  Toasted coconut, creamy filling and a crunchy crust... it definitely is a keeper.


I decided to make my own cookie crust with Vanilla Wafers.  I put 3/4 of an 11oz box in a food processor and added 1/3 cup melted butter.  Once it was a "wet sand" texture, I pressed it into a pie plate. Then I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes until golden brown.

Note:  You can make this pie even easier by skipping this step and just buying a prepared graham cracker pie crust available at most grocery stores in the baking aisle.


The Filling:
1 package of vanilla pudding
1 and 1/2 cups of cold milk
1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of toasted coconut flakes.  **these coconut flakes are sweetened and available in the baking aisle.  Bake the coconut flakes at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Careful not to burn.

Mix all ingredients with a hand blender or in a food processor. I used my food processor since I used it to make the cookie crust earlier. 


Once the pie crust is cool, fill with the pie filling.


Cover pie filling with one regular size tub of cool whip topping.  Garnish the top with another 1/2 cup of toasted coconut.    Allow to chill in fridge for 6-8 hours or over night before serving.


Serves 8-10 people.  Enjoy.

Copyright: All content, photos and text are property of Curry and Comfort and cannot be used without permission